Friday, January 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday #3....on Friday

I have a lot to be thankful for this week.  I am really liking the anticipation of sharing these things.  It helps me recognize things during my week that I normally would pass over, but should be grateful for.

1.  I am thankful for Birthdays.  With over more than 5 birthdays in the month of January in my extended family, I am thankful that these people are in my life and I am able to celebrate their birth and their presence on this earth, even if I am unable to be present at their celebrations.

2.  I am thankful for cupcakes.  Need I say more?

3.  I am thankful that I am able to take a photography class.  Although I am still working on understanding the vocabulary of said class, I am seeing things in a more artistic way.  This is just in one class, so I am really looking forward to the progress.

4.   I am thankful for a counselor.  He sheds a whole new light on situations in my life and helps me keep my perspective in check.

5.  I am thankful for a husband who loves me.

6.  I am thankful for my children's humor.  Last night my 10 year old was noticing I was a little stressed with all I had to do.  She said to me, "Don't worry mom.  That's why you made me...so I could help you!"  We laughed and laughed and laughed!  I LOVE that!  I love laughing with my children.  Their laughter lifts me higher than any elevator could ever reach!

7.  I am thankful for the people in my life that are able to show humility, grace, mercy, love, kindness, and hope.  They are the face of Jesus to me and call me to a higher standard of living.  I learn so much from these people.

8.  I am thankful for the people in my life who are not humble, graceful, merciful, loving, kind and hopeless.  These people also call me to a higher standard of living.  My interactions with these people must be full of the character of Christ.  Without these people, I would have no witness.

9.  I am thankful for the good and bad decisions in my life.  They made me who I am.  They help me mature and gain new understanding of the world.

10.  I am thankful for clean dishes in the morning.  In my house, dishes are not always done right away.  But when they are, and I wake up early to a clean house, I feel motivated to do the things I need to do.  I should really be thankful for the dishes undone, too.  Because when those said dishes are left in my sink for the morning, that means I spent my evening playing games with the family or watching a family TV show or I put the kids to bed early and had some time with my hubby or myself.  

Here is the definition of "Thank" from dictionary.com

thank 

verb (used with object)

1. to express gratitude, appreciation, or acknowledgment to: She thanked them for their hospitality.
2. thank God, (used interjectionally to express relief, thankfulness,  etc.) Also, thank goodness, thank heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment