Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday #2

I'm glad today is Thankful Thursday.  I need it.  I've been in a little rut lately and I know that when I am thankful - verbally - it helps to lift the mood.  So today I am thankful for:

1.  A great group of gals that studied the book "Created to Be His Helpmeet".  I wasn't exactly looking forward to reading this book, but I am glad I did.  And I am extra thankful that the gals were reading it with me.  They encouraged me and challenged me.  The best way to read a book?  With friends.

2.  A husband that plays with his kids.

3.  Little Ceasers.  I mean, it cost the same as a frozen pizza and I don't even have to turn on the oven!  Of course, my freezer is full of meals for the month, but sometimes you just have to say "NO" to dishes.  Really loudly.

4.  Pinterest.  I know...kind of lame.  But without Pinterest, I wouldn't know that my cousin in Minnesota loves to read, and I wouldn't have a Valentine's Day wreath on my front door, and I wouldn't have made cute little "Chore" Flower Charts with 7 little 6 year olds.
  Cute little chore flower pot!


5.  That the real estate market is down.  I know it's hard for some people, and I understand that.  We fell victim to it's harshness 16 months ago.  But now that we are on the other side and ready to buy, it's good.

6.  It's an election year.  Need I say more? 


7.  All of my books that I get to read with my kids.  I moved shelves and shelves of them today and thought, "Why do I have so many books???"  Then I sorted them.  As I picked books to put in their new homes, I had the privilege of remembering reading some of those books to my kids.  It's a precious memory.

8.  My van.  I spent a lot of time running around town this week.  

9.  Hamsy - the Hamster.  I never thought I'd be thankful for a little RAT!  But he makes everyone else in my family happy.  They enjoy him.  They really like to put him in his ball and watch him run around.  Especially if I'm not paying attention because he will run that ball into my feet and I scream and jump about 3 yards into the air. 


10.  A good church.  I'm looking forward to going back this Sunday. 

1 comment:

  1. i'm so happy you're linking up now! it's fun because we don't always say---"hey what are 10 things that happen in your week you're thankful for" ha ha when we get together in person. i love these little glimpses into your week.

    you so impress me with your creations from pinterest, i heart it, it get on sometimes just for a visual pick me up

    i say no to dishes via paper products and way too much trash by the curb we are certainly not a green family [oops]

    love you, glad we did the book together too

    ReplyDelete